Motivation is very needed for every person in every stage of his life. For example: Fat people motivate themselves to go to gym or for a walk, they motivate themselves to get a start and when they get a start, they begin to see themselves in a better place. Motivation is there for you to push you or is a fuel that an individual need for that specific action to be completed. An individual can get motivated in different ways, and to know what kind of motivation the person need is also very important. There are some external motivation and internal motivation.
Internal motivation in other terms also called Intrinsic Motivation which means the things you do to satisfy yourself, the behavior that is coming inside from you to please yourself and help yourself to get in a good mood and do what makes you happy and your body healthy. For example: If a person like gaming he can enter in a gaming competition to please himself, or cancelling all the plans to read book or watch movie alone for pleasing herself. Internal motivation has different types.
“KNOWING IS NOT ENOUGH; WE MUST APPLY. WILLING IS NOT ENOUGH; WE MUST DO”
- Learning Motivation: I know learning motivation can come in external motivation but in internal learning motivation thrives you to do for yourself, you will learn new things, things that you like for yourself so you can have new experiences, get to know new people, get to know new things that may make you feel happy and healthy. For example: Trying gym for the first time and after a while when you see the result on your own that makes you happy through different aspects like your body shape, your health, your mind.
- Attitude Motivation: Attitude motivation can work in different strategies. But in internal the attitude matters very importantly because if your attitude is not positive towards certain things then it will cost you by getting your expectation hurt and down. Attitude motivation basically means how you think of yourself, how one thinks about himself. It’s the self-confidence that the person to believe in himself, believe in his ideas, his decision, be positive in those ideas, decision and think good about the future. For example: Doing work for a non-profitable company or organization.
- Creative Motivation: Creative mind is very rare and very ambitious in progressing themselves in their field or some things in which they are working. Creative mind thinks outside the box to get that specific action done in unique way and have thrive themselves for fight for that action. This can be very positive for the mind as the person knows that at the end what he will be getting and he will be happy and it will make him motivating himself to keep moving forward. For example: Motivation to write a book, build a product with your creativeness like stitching something.
- Competence & Achievement Motivation: Competence and achievement motivation are similar but different type of motivation. Competence motivation means that once is not concerned by the end rather he is deep into the process, he feels happy and good about the process. On the other hand, Achievement motivation is similar; meaning the person itself wants to build, work, an action to work in a process but does not want the end product but will be getting that. For example: A person wants to build an organization of stitching because it is its goal and not for profit earning.
External motivation also called as Extrinsic motivation is motivation that is attain to one individual by gaining some external rewards like money, a prize or praises. External motivation also can be said which is for a person is through some greediness, make one do it some specific action for a prize bound or money. It makes the individual thrive for that prize by doing that work, they don’t do that action for internal or for itself rather individual do it for something in return, and that in return thing motivate them to do it. For example: A person works for a company on a fixed salary, but does over working to obtain more money not for free for kindness but because he can obtain more money but over working and that more money motivates him to work for the company/organization. External motivation has many types.
“ACCEPT THE CHALLENGES SO THAT YOU CAN FEEL THE EXHILARATION OF VICTORY”
- Reason Motivation: Reason motivation or you can say incentive motivation is a type of motivation in which one person is more motivated by the reward rather than achieving it. A person is willing to do a specific work for a reward rather than do it for as a helper or achiever. For example, a if a person wants to upgrade his position in a company, organization or in a sport he will do it for getting higher salary not for opportunity he will get to perform at a big stage. He will be more looking at the higher salary he will be getting out of it.
- Fear Motivation: Fear motivation or more you can say terror motivation gets one person to work for it. Fear motivation tells one that if you don’t do that work then you will face some consequences and that consequences gets the fear to the individual and motivate them to do it. For example: Boss telling the employee that if they don’t reach the given target then they will get fired. But this can also back fire that if boss says that if they complete the target on time and the one who do the most action will get a bonus and in fear of that the colleague employee will get the bonus the individual work in motivation to work hard.
- Power Motivation: Power motivation is dangerous and efficient. Power works in two ways either you get power over someone else and get them to work for you our have power over yourself and motivate yourself to work the action. For example: A person breaks an agreement to make another one for more money or prize because he holds the power. Power motivation is mostly used in business by breaking an agreement that has the power to gain more possession in an agreement.
- Affiliation & Social Motivation: Affiliation means to get someone to attach or connect with an organization. Through social the motivation is done by showing affiliation. Motivation through affiliation is very effective and social network is this generation main working place for everything in the world. Today humans are more motivated through social rather than people telling them in front from their face. Why this is effective? Because now a day’s every teenager, every old people consists of any form of electronic device which has internet on it. TV, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and all those social app which have billions and trillions of followers make them motivated through videos, posting their story and telling people about their past that in which condition they have lived and through money, hard work they have come this far.
“THE SECRET OF GETTING AHEAD IS GETTING STARTED”
Motivation is very necessary, but the most important motivation is the motivation of yourself which thrives you to do the work on your own. The motivation must be coming from yourself rather than a person comes to you and motivates you. There are always hurdle in motivating yourself but ones you have taken the first step the you will realize that there in no one other that can motivate you then yourself. You can motivate yourself best through quotes and reading motivational and emotional story or realizing the life you had before so you can make more space for new things to try and work hard to gain more. Motivation is not about only working hard our motivating yourself for gain of the possession, it is about keeping your mind fresh, started, away from negativity, be positive, be healthy and be sharp. Connecting yourself to your own thoughts, and keep moving on until you reach your goals and be thankful of what you have. As long as you are motivated you can do anything, may that you be a pilot, prime minister, a sports man or may that individual be nothing just an ordinary person, whatever he wants to be.
Motivation improves academic skills and performance of an individual. It helps to think positive, it pushes one to its goal and it improves its ability to think more and hard worker.