Email marketing is a means of straightforward marketing that uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message to a group of people using email. Every email sent to a prospective or existing customer could be deemed email marketing. The goal of email marketing is to move your candidates from one stage of your sales funnel to the next. They help draft fascinating newsletters to help you stay top.
Why Email Marketing?
● 9 billion people use email applications.
● Email is checked on a daily basis by 91% of consumers.
● 86% of customers would like to obtain promotional emails from firms they do business with.
● Products and services have been acquired by 1/3 of customers from emails.
● The average return of investment for every $1 expended in email marketing is $44.
Your customers want to receive valuable content as emails from brands everyday as they check their emails and that is why an email marketing agency is important.
Types of Effective Marketing Emails
There are two broad types of marketing emails: Engagement emails which are more if storytelling and Transactional emails which is related to making and closing of a sale.
Types of Behaviorism
This email is aimed more at branding and storytelling. They keep subscribers inquisitive and involved with the brand even when they are not buying any commodity or requesting for a service.
This way, customers and subscribers will have an already existing and active relationship with you even if they haven’t purchased anything before and this will make them remember you when they want to make a purchase.
There are different types of engagement emails. Such as:
These are the first emails subscribers receive after confirming their email address.
● Email study by Experian
The welcome email should make your branding clear. In the example from Warby Parker, new subscribers can learn about the brand’s story, get a free trial of the product, or look for a store near their location.
● Welcome email brand voice
This welcome email discloses a lot about their brand society and voice.
It also works as a great transactional email. Welcome emails have increased marketing rates and income per email than other transactional emails.
This makes it normal for welcome emails to give discounts to new subscribers.
Tutorials and Tips Emails
They can be simple or in-depth and this depends on what your products do and the needs of your subscribers.
Instruction emails are a great way to acquaint your subscribers with your products. This can be very useful when it’s blurred how your business could help them reach a goal or solve a problem.
Educating consumers on something new can also enable them make fast favorable changes in their lives that they can attribute with your brand.
Instructive emails can also be short, illustrated tips.
These are gotten by studying or interrogating customers. It could be about their personal stories, it could be related to their success with your product or even tips to their fellow customers. These stories could also come in the form of pictures or video they’ve taken.
Since these stories are from other customers, it builds a kind of community as subscribers will be able to recognize other buyers with the same concerns and occurrences
This is different from customer stories and will make your brand identifiable amongst subscribers. It can have other favorable impacts as well. A study published in the Journal of Brand Management found that customers who are exposed to a brand’s stories were more inclined to interpret the brand positively and pay more for their products.
There is a high possibility that some of your subscribers will not be as committed as others.
This could happen as a result of low interest level or it’s been a long time since your last update.
Whatever the case may be, it is quite relevant to motivate them to re engage with your brand.
A Return Path study of re-engagement campaigns found that around 12-percent of those receiving re-engagement emails read them. According to the study, there are two types of re-engagement emails that work well. The first is an email with “miss you” or “come back” in the subject line.
Unlike engagement emails, their aim is to commence or shut down on a sale.
They can also be used to request for updates on customer purchase. They are always aroused by certain customer activities and sent automatically.
These are some of the transactional emails you can use in your marketing campaigns:
Cart Abandonment Reminders
These are the emails that you send out when possible customers add items to their online shopping carriage, but don’t follow through on a purchase. These can also give an opportunity to boost your possible profits.
A good cart abandonment email includes a well-known call-to-action and some obligatory copy to remind the customer why they should finalize the sale.
These include an offer that will soon expire.
It could be about insufficient availability of the product or a discount that’s only accessible for a restricted time.
When sending these types of emails, the subject line has to be precise about the time keenness of the email so that customers will feel the necessity to open it instantly.
It’s ideal for online stores to send order authorization or receipt emails once a customer completes a bargain.
Advantages of Email Marketing
● Cost Effective : The costs of email marketing can be very low compared to other forms of marketing since there are no advertising fees, printing or media space costs.
● Permission-based : Only those who choose to receive emails from you will get make up your marketing list. It is a certainty for customers who are absolutely interested in your products to connect with your business.
● Flexible Design : You can either decide to send a plain text or attach files. A preference of layout choices gives you scope to disseminate your business branding.
● Scalable : It can either be used to get through to a large audience or smaller target.
● Personalisation and Segmentation :
It helps you personalize messages and segment marketing list. This will help improve customers concentration on your brand.
● Shareable : It is easy for email to be shared or forwarded by people and this helps build reputation and influence new customers follow your brand.
● Measurable: Success of a campaign can be analyzed with web analytics software. The effectiveness of various copy and designs can be tested easily.
● Benchmark : Results can be compared with that of others in the same industry. Benchmarking data can help you to analyze and prioritise development chances.
● Less Intrusive : Unlike other forms of marketing, messages can be read by recipients at a time which suits them. Customers are also able to update priorities and unsubscribe if they no longer feel the need to receive your email.
● Environmentally friendly : This is so because nothing is printed and it is better than post mailing.
● Time-saving : Through mechanization, you can accelerate emails to be sent to customers established on an action they have conducted on your website. Once you have formulated a template you can reuse for various email campaigns.
● Real-time Marketing : You can relate with customers in real-time. You can also reach the right audience at the right time.
Disadvantages of Email Marketing
Some of the possible problems of email marketing include:
● Spam :You need to make sure to comply with privacy and data protection rules and also that emails are targeted to the right people as recipients may delete email or unsubscribe if it is marked as spam.
● Undelivered Emails – Poorly created emails might not be delivered. It is important to note that emails which use some form keywords in the subject or content of email will likely be filtered out by internet service providers. Your messages won’t reach the right role if your marketing list is not up to date as you will find incorrect email addresses.
● Design Problems – Your email must be constructed in a way that it seems as it should across numerous devices and email providers. You may experience a trade-off between design and functionality.
● Size Issues – Emails which contain many images will take long to load and this will be frustrating on the part of your audience and they might even lose interest. To avoid this, it is advised that files should be small enough to enable them to download quickly.
● Resources and Skills – For your email campaign to be successful, you must make sure you have the right design and marketing list. Consider getting some of these elements outside if you don’t have in-house time or skills.
The goal of email marketing is to move your candidates from one stage of your sales funnel to the next. They help draft fascinating newsletters to help you stay top.
You can only achieve this with a good email marketing agency as any agency which isn’t up to the task will just drain you of your hard earned money thereby leading to a loss in your business as your preferred marketing choice won’t be achieved. This article will serve as a guide for you and email marketing.